TK Competitive Team
(Ages: 5 years to Adult)
TK Danceworx competitive program is structured using the following levels.
Dancers are placed into levels based on several criteria such as personal ability and time commitment.
Dancers to be registered in 2 or more classes including Ballet. Novice dancers will attend 2 competitions.
Dancers to be registered in 3 or more classes including Ballet, Jazz and a choice of competitive discipline.
Dancers will be scheduled 1-2 nights a week for classes and a choreography rehearsal slot.
Part-time dancers will be registered to 2-3 competitions in April and May.
Dancers must be enrolled in 4+ Hours of classes including ballet, Jazz, combo class, and their choice of competitive disciplines.
Competitive dancers will be registered to 4 competitions in April and May.
Commitment is required to attend all guest choreography and adhere to proper standards of behaviour.
(Combo class is Tech, stretch, cardio & conditioning) Dancers are required to be taking the class styles that they wish to compete in.
Dancers to be registered in 6 + Hours of classes including Ballet, Jazz, Combo class and their choice of competitive disciplines.
Elite Dancers will be registered to 4-5 competitions in April and May. Dancers are required to be taking the class styles that they wish to compete in.
(Combo class is Tech, stretch, cardio & conditioning)
- Dancers are expected to perform at local events and parades.
- Dancers are to attend all workshops offered at the studio including summer training and summer intensives.
- Families are expected to volunteer at performance events & recital.
T.K. Danceworx Competitive Team isn’t just about the competitions. Opportunities vary
from year to year, but the development of the dancer through the competitive programs
has led to numerous once in a lifetime opportunities such as
- Representing Canada in International Dance Competitions
- Selected for and attended International Scholarships and Competitions
- Selected for Workshops run by Industry Leading Choreographers
- Opportunities to work with Big Names in the Dance entertainment Industry
- Admissions into Dance School Programs such Quinte Ballet School, Royal Winnipeg Ballet,
York University and George Brown College.
TK Competitive team has also performed at the Hedley Concert, Harlem Globetrotters, opening ceremonies
for the 2012 Special Olympics and have made appearances in Music Videos. No other studio in Kingston
has given such opportunity and life experiences to their dancers.